September 24, 2004
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• An 18-year-old student from Carson City was arrested at 4:57 p.m. Thursday in the 1000 block of Saliman Road on suspicion of misdemeanor battery. He allegedly was captured on school surveillance video with five other teens punching and stuffing another student into a trash can. Bail was set at $1,132.
• A 24-year-old firefighter from Carson City was arrested at 10:39 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving, driving with suspended registration and speeding. Bail was set at $1,346.
• James Thomas Hall, 34, a roofer from Carson City, was arrested at 7:49 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of West Caroline Street on suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine, misdemeanor failure to comply and possession of paraphernalia. Bail was set at $3,839.
• A 39-year-old salesman from Sparks was arrested at 11:30 a.m. Thursday in the 3700 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor petty larceny. He allegedly stole two packages of jelly beans by pouring them from their container into his pockets and walking out with a Mr. Goodbar. Bail was set at $347.
• A 20-year-old retail clerk from Carson City was arrested at Rhodes and Carson streets on suspicion of misdemeanor driving on a suspended license and two failure to comply warrants. Bail was set at $894.
Recommended Stories For You
• A 43-year-old personal trainer from Carson City was arrested at 9:41 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery.
Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A 9-year-old child was punched in the face and knocked unconscious by a 13-year-old teen Thursday in the 1400 block of Como Street. The teen was arrested. The 9-year-old had a badly swollen right eye.
• A caller reported his door was opened while he was napping Thursday in the 5400 block of South Carson Street.
• A 35-year-old man said he lent his 2001 Mitsubishi Montero to a 24-year-old woman he’d just met at a bar in the 300 block of William Street about 10:45 p.m. When she hadn’t returned by 11:45 p.m. he called police. Deputies attempted to locate the vehicle. At 12:45 a.m. the woman called the man and said she was at another bar in the 200 block of West Winnie Lane and she’d lost track of time. The man walked to the other bar and declined to press charges.