The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Fidel Fuentes, 22, of Carson City was arrested at 4:47 p.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of felony probation violation and misdemeanor failure to appear on a traffic citation. No bail was set. Also arrested was 24-year-old Melissa Madera of Carson City on suspicion of gross misdemeanor battery on a peace officer, obstructing police and threats. Madera allegedly tried to prevent a deputy from arresting Fuentes who was hiding in a fast food restaurant bathroom, according to the arrest report.
• A 43-year-old day-care provider from Carson City was arrested at her home Tuesday in the 200 block of David Street at 12:33 a.m. on suspicion of misdemeanor disturbing the peace and destruction of property. Her bail was set at $1,709.
— Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A man returned home Monday at 9:02 p.m. in the 600 block of Roop Street to find his front door broken open.
• A caller reported Monday seeing a man with a gun outside in the 900 block of Saliman Road. The man was later arrested.
• A green, lowrider Chevy S10 was reported stolen from the Smith’s Food and Drug store Monday at 6:53 p.m.
• A wallet found in a department store Monday at 2:57 p.m. was turned over to police.
• A mother reported 10 juveniles, 13 to 18 years old, “jumped” her son Monday near Carson Middle School about 3 p.m.
• A man found sleeping behind the wheel of a vehicle with the engine running Sunday at 3:12 a.m. was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
• A taxi driver reported Saturday when he dropped off an intoxicated passenger in the 1600 block of Myles Way, the passenger tried to grab him.
• A gunshot was heard Monday at 11 p.m. in the 600 block of Mary Street.