The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Robert Mendoza, 41, of Carson City was arrested at 5:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of felony grand larceny and preventing a witness from reporting. Bail was set at $25,000.
• A 21-year-old retail clerk from Gardnerville was arrested at 1:41 a.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of misdemeanor failure to appear on a traffic offense.
• Ramon Amaya, 50, a plumber from Carson City, was arrested on suspicion of felony trafficking. Bail was set at $250,000.
— Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A woman reported Wednesday at 3:03 p.m. a day-care center in southeast Carson City left small children by themselves.
• A 30-year-old man in a red shirt and blue-jean shorts took approximately $400 worth of merchandise from Mervyns on Wednesday at 6:05 p.m. He was last seen driving north through the parking lot in a brown Mercury Sable hatchback with paper license plates.
• Neighbors in the 700 block of Broadleaf Lane reported at 8:53 p.m. hearing a woman screaming, “Stop hitting me, I’m pregnant!” A man was arrested.
• A 20-year-old female with a possible broken arm was behind the K-Bar on Thursday at 12:31 a.m. The woman stated she was fine and was taken home.
• A black bike with no identification number was picked up by deputies in the 1800 block of Spooner Drive on Thursday at 5:41 a.m.