November 17, 2004
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 41-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 2:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on a Lyon County warrant for suspicion of misdemeanor obscene phone call. Bail was set at $1,000.
• John Spiva, 29, a transient, was arrested Wednesday on Deer Run Road on suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine and two counts of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $4,762.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A bank customer threatened to “shoot up the bank,” Wednesday 8:52 a.m. when he discovered a hold had been placed on his check. The bank refused to open until a deputy arrived. Further investigation revealed the man making the threats was living out of state, 70 years old and confined to a wheelchair.
When police contacted the man he said he was not serious and apologized.
Recommended Stories For You
• A report of unlawful obtaining of electrical power services was taken Wednesday at the front counter of the Sheriff’s Department.
• A woman kicked out of a William Street business was being held on trespassing charges for returning to the store Tuesday.