December 1, 2004
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 22-year-old laborer from Carson City was arrested at 12:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 4200 block of Hidden Meadows Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving, no insurance and failure to stop at a sign. Bail was set at $2,058.
• A 36-year-old carpenter from Minden was arrested at 4:47 p.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block North Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor contempt of court and failure to appear. Bail was set at $2,590 cash only.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A Nevada Department of Corrections inmate died of natural causes Tuesday. Frank Cordova, 57, died at 9 p.m. at Northern Nevada Correctional Center of liver failure. Cordova was serving a life sentence with parole for sexual assault. He was sentenced to prison in 1983.
• A caller reported another driver threw a wrench through his car window Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. on Spooner Summit.
Recommended Stories For You
• A wallet was found Tuesday at 1:46 p.m. in a shopping cart at Albertsons grocery store on South Carson Street.
• A motorcycle was stolen from a parking lot Tuesday in the 200 block of East Washington Street.