March 31, 2002
The following people were taken into custody by the Carson City jail. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
— Hazel Louise Smith, 33, of Redding, Calif., a maid, was arrested at 9:05 a.m. Saturday on a warrant out of Carson City District court for the investigation of possession of a controlled substance. She is being held without bail.
— Alaina Michelle Johnson, 27, of Carson City, no occupation noted, was arrested at 4:15 a.m. Saturday at Northgate Lane and Hot Springs Road on a warrant out of Carson City Justice Court for the investigation of failure to appear on forgery charges. Bail was set at $10,000.
— Timothy Michael Coffman, 24, of Carson City, unemployed, was arrested at 10:17 a.m. Friday in the 600 block of Hot Springs Road on a warrant out of Carson City Justice Court for the investigation of two counts of uttering a forged instrument. He was subsequently arrested for being an ex-felon who has failed to register. Bail was set at $20,000.
— A 56-year-old retired Carson City resident was arrested at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson City jail for the investigation of driving under the influence. He was charged and released.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit