December 28, 2004
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• William McGhee, 40, a painter from Carson City, was arrested at 2:15 a.m. Tuesday at Robinson and Plaza streets on a Reno warrant for suspicion of felony passing a check with the intent to defraud. His bail was set at $1,500. Also arrested was Arturo Garcia Blanquet, 36, of Carson City, on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon. He allegedly threatened to stab McGhee in a dispute over money. McGhee’s bail is set at $20,000.
• A 40-year-old construction worker from Carson City was arrested at 2:35 a.m. Tuesday in the 1900 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of felony failure to appear in Elko on a drunken driving charge. Bail was set at $1,257.
• Timothy Edward Foy, 38, a locksmith from Carson City, was arrested at 4:06 p.m. Monday in the 1800 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony fugitive from justice out of Idaho on a burglary charge. Bail was set at $5,000.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A purse was stolen from an unlocked car in the 4100 block of South Carson Street at 4:42 a.m. Tuesday.
Trending In: Opinion
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion