The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 47-year-old Nevada State Prison corrections officer from Carson City was arrested at 9:25 a.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of East Park Street on suspicion of misdemeanor assault. Bail was set at $632.
• Betty Mae Corder, 50, a cashier from Silver Springs was arrested at 1:30 a.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on a warrant charging felony conspiracy to violate the controlled substance act. Bail was set at $10,000.
• Robby Michael Hernandez, 19, of Carson City, was additionally booked into the jail on suspicion of gross misdemeanor battery on a peace officer. He was allegedly being brought down from a court hearing when he began talking to female inmates. When told by the jailer to stop, Hernandez allegedly refused. When the jailer took Hernandez’s arm to lead him away, Hernandez allegedly swung and struck the officer in the face. Bail on the new charge is $10,000. Hernandez was in custody on a no-bail probation violation when the incident took place Monday. Hernandez is the stepson of Mayor Marv Teixeira.
• A 42-year-old truck driver from Carson City was arrested at 9:37 a.m. Monday in the 1000 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,132.
The following are some of the 148 calls to which deputies responded Monday:
• Domestic battery report on College Parkway at 1:41 a.m.
• Residential burglary report in the 700 block of East William Street at 5:33 a.m.
• Graffiti in the 100 block of Hot Springs Road at 9:11 a.m.
• Threat report in the 500 block of South Roop Street at 12:18 p.m.
• Coroner call in the 200 block of Koontz Lane at 12:33 p.m.
• A rental car was reported 45 days overdue at 2:02 p.m.
• Accidents at West William and North Division streets and on South Carson Meadows Drive.
The following are some of the 105 calls to which deputies responded Monday:
• Vandalism report on Industrial Parkway in Mound House at 6:03 a.m.
• Destruction of property report in the 6200 block of Elm Street in Silver Springs at 6:41 a.m.
• Misdemeanor arrest on Thurston Way in Mason Valley at 9:52 a.m.
• Fire on Interstate 80 in Fernley at 12:58 p.m.
• Residential burglary report in the 600 block of Westwinds Drive in Dayton at 1:26 p.m.
• Accident in the 100 block of McKenzie Lane in Mason Valley at 1:48 p.m.
• Vehicle fire in the 100 block of Desert Lakes Drive in Fernley at 3:16 p.m.
• Misdemeanor arrest on Center Street in Mason Valley at 5:37 p.m.
• Fire on Julie Lane in Mark Twain at 6:19 p.m.
The following are some of the 21 calls to which deputies responded Monday:
• Traffic citation at 6:14 a.m. on Cartwright Road.
• A dark brown mule with a scar on its foot was missing from its home on Combination Road at 7:41 a.m. The owner called later to report “mule has returned home.”
• A woman gave birth to a baby on Interstate 80 at in the westbound lane near the Patrick Exit at 7:43 a.m. Care Flight was sent to the scene. “Mother and baby girl doing fine and loaded in REMSA for their trip to the hospital.”
• Theft report in the 5800 block of Leon Drive at 1:37 p.m.
• A report of smoke on Lousetown Road turned out to be dust devils at 1:57 p.m.
• Fire in a backyard on Julie Way at 6:13 p.m.
• A 16-year-old girl having an asthma attack sought help at the fire station on North C Street at 7:49 p.m. The girl was taken to the hospital.