December 31, 2006
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• An 18-year-old unemployed Carson City man was arrested at 9:48 p.m. Friday in the 3200 block of Market Street on suspicion of misdemeanor petty larceny and misdemeanor minor consuming/possessing alcohol. Bail was set at $2,869.
• Terri Ann Bargstahl, 36, a Carson City housekeeper, was arrested at 11:51 p.m. Friday at the corner of Valley and Spear streets on suspicion of felony sale of methamphetamine, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and felony failure to appear. According to the report, Bargstahl allegedly sold 1/16th of an ounce of meth for $125 to an informant. Deputies witnessed the sale and arrested Bargstahl. Bail was set at $21,132, with no bail on the failure to appear charge. Also arrested was Curtis Lee Peterson, 39, an unemployed Carson City man, on suspicion of felony conspiracy to traffic and felony probation violation. Peterson allegedly drove Bargstahl to the site of the drug buy. Peterson’s bail was set at $10,000 for the conspiracy charge, but no bail was granted on the probation violation.
• A 59-year-old salesman from Carson City was arrested at Stewart Street and Highway 50 at 5 p.m. Friday on suspicion of misdemeanor driving on a revoked license, misdemeanor DUI, misdemeanor fictitious registration and misdemeanor no proof of insurance. Bail was set at $1,971.
• A 34-year-old construction worker was arrested at 7:35 p.m. Friday on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,132.
• Dyana Lynn Ogden, aka “Moma,” a computer applications specialist from Carson City, was arrested at 7:32 p.m. Friday at Woodside and Desatoya streets on suspicion of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, misdemeanor having no valid driver’s license and felony possession of a controlled substance. According to the report, Ogden was arrested after a traffic check revealed she was driving on an expired license. After she granted permission to search the vehicle, a glass pipe with methamphetamine residue was found in a black purse belonging to her. Bail was set at $3,819.
Recommended Stories For You
• Rechie Kitaoka, 51, a transient, was arrested in the 2000 block of North Carson Street at 9 p.m. Friday on suspicion of felony trafficking of a controlled substance and misdemeanor violation of conditions of a suspended sentence. According to the report, an informant arranged to meet Kitaoka and purchase 3 grams of methamphetamine for $200. Police arrested Kitaoka and found 4 grams of methamphetamine. Bail was set at $23,000.
• A 27-year-old sheet metal worker from Gardnerville was arrested in the 1800 block of North Fall Street at 9:42 p.m. Friday on suspicion of violation of bail conditions and contempt. Bail was set at $3,000.
• Matthew Gigantino, a 36-year-old Dayton laborer, was arrested at 3:37 p.m. Friday in the 2400 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony offering a forged instrument and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. According to the report, Gigantino allegedly attempted to pass a forged check at Piñon Plaza. When he was arrested, deputies allegedly found two glass methamphetamine pipes and one hypodermic needle. Bail was set at $6,132.
• Justin Douglas Snyder, 28, a Carson City construction worker, was arrested at 3:37 p.m. Friday in the 2400 Block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony probation and parole violation. No bail was set.
• Joshua Spriggs, a 23-year-old Carson City man, was arrested at Saliman Road and Highway 50 at 9:29 p.m. Friday on a felony warrant. According to the report, he was observed crossing over the yellow center line while driving. After a check, the warrant was discovered. Bail was set at $1,500.
• A 48-year-old landscaper from Carson City was arrested at 12:52 a.m. Saturday on Valley Road on suspicion of misdemeanor DUI first and misdemeanor failure to maintain a single lane. Bail was set at $1,239.
• A 34-year-old man, no address or occupation given, was arrested at 10:06 p.m. Friday at Roop and Robinson streets on suspicion of misdemeanor DUI. Bail was set at $1,132.
• A 39-year-old food-service worker from Carson City was arrested at 7:29 a.m. Friday in the 3300 block of Imperial Way on suspicion of misdemeanor violation of conditions of a suspended sentence. Bail was set at $1,000.
The following are some of the 92 calls to which deputies responded on Friday:
• A report of a domestic dispute in the 300 block of Goldenpick Drive in Dayton at 12:08 a.m.
• A report of a drunken driver at Highway 95A and Pete Hendrichs Lane in Mason Valley at 12:48 a.m.
• A report of destruction of property in the 1400 block of Grey Bluffs Drive in Fernley at 7:53 a.m.
• A report of illegal dumping on River Ranch Road in Fernley at 2:51 p.m.
• A report of a domestic dispute in the 300 block of Woodside Court in Dayton Valley at 3:25 p.m.
• A report of a child-custody dispute in the 7900 block of Cheyenne Trail in Stagecoach at 4:41 p.m.
• A report of larceny in the 300 block of River Road in Dayton at 5:01 p.m.
• A report of a gas leak in the 300 block of Dayton Valley Road in Dayton at 7:21 p.m.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing