The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 51-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 4:10 p.m. Friday on Highway 50 East on suspicion of possession of marijuana. Sheriff’s deputies searched the man, who was hitchhiking, and allegedly found a bag of marijuana tucked into his right sock.
• A 43-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 7:45 p.m. Friday in the 3000 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs.
Sheriff’s deputies received two calls from other drivers about a man driving erratically in a blue Ford Ranger pickup. When the man was stopped, he reportedly told officers he had used marijuana earlier that day.
• A 29-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 9:30 p.m. Friday on the 1400 block of Peters Street on suspicion of battery. After a fender bender, two witnesses allegedly saw the man get out of his truck and chase after another motorist. The alleged assailant threw a rock at the other driver, which caused welt and a scratch.
• A 23-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 9:30 a.m. Saturday on the 2100 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of a probation violation. No bail was set.
• A 27-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 9:31 a.m. Saturday on the 2200 block of Mountain Drive on suspicion of trespassing and petty larceny.
Sheriff’s deputies responded to a call of a burglary in progress at a business selling plumbing supplies. Once apprehended, the man allegedly admitted he’d taken a copper coil valued at $200 and put it in his truck.