The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Jamie Banks, a 35-year-old Carson City man, was arrested at 2:40 p.m. Saturday on suspicion of helping steal $3,000 of copper wire from Sierra Pacific Power Company’s corporate yard. He and his accomplice, William Craig, are suspected of taking the wire out of work trucks and using bolt cutters to pull the wire spools off the truck’s racks. Bail was set at $25,000.
• Jose Sanchez, a 29-year-old Carson City man, was arrested on suspicion of several felonies and misdemeanors on the 1600 block of Buzzy’s Ranch Road at 7:31 p.m. Saturday. Sheriff’s deputies responded to a call of a possible sexual assault. Sanchez was stopped in the area for questioning. Deputies found a case of beer in the front seat of his car and empty bottles in the back seat. A .22-caliber rifle that Sanchez said was his was also in the front seat. Several dollar bills were rolled up and appeared to have traces of cocaine. Sanchez was questioned and tested for sobriety. An illegal immigrant, Sanchez was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm by a prohibited person, with bail set at $20,000; felony possession of cocaine, with bail set at $2,500; felony possession of methamphetamine, with bail set at $2,500; driving without a license or insurance, with bail set at $700; and driving under the influence, with bail set at $1,000. Sanchez’s blood was taken once he was checked into jail.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Saturday:
• A 22-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 3:21 p.m. Saturday on the 4200 block of Pleasant Drive on suspicion of domestic battery in a fight over her gambling losses. She is suspected of slapping him in the face. Sheriff’s deputies spotted a red mark on his cheek. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 33-year-old Carson City man was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery at 12:38 a.m. Sunday. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 42-year-old Carson City woman was arrested on the 3200 block of Highway 50 at 1 p.m. Sunday for a suspended registration on her Honda sedan, which she was driving. She was taken into custody after two warrants for failing to appear in court for previous traffic violations showed up. Her bail was set at $3,000.
• A 48-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Carson City Jail on an outstanding warrant for being in contempt of court. The man came to the jail because his wife had been taken into custody for traffic violations. Bail was set at $900.