The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Babara Ortiz, a 29-year-old unemployed Reno resident was arrested at 5:08 p.m. Saturday at the Carson City Mervyn’s. Ortiz was clipping security tags off clothes and allegedly tried to make away with $866.96 in merchandise. She was arrested on suspicion of felony burglary and misdemeanor obstructing an officer. Bail was set at $25,407.
• An 18-year-old Carson City janitor was arrested at Second and Roop streets at 11:51 a.m. Saturday on suspicion of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and marijuana as well as violation of a suspended sentence. His bail was set at $1,500.
• A 23-year-old Carson cell phone salesman was arrested on the 800 block of East Musser Street at 1:30 p.m. Saturday on suspicion of misdemeanor violating a suspended sentence and contempt of court. Bail was set at $3,500.
• A 40-year-old Gardnerville floor installer was arrested on the 800 block of East Musser Street at 1:44 p.m. Saturday on suspicion of misdemeanor failing to appear in court over a traffic warrant. His bail was set at $1,300.
• A 35-year-old Carson preschool teacher was arrested on the intersection of Stewart and King Streets at 2:56 p.m. Saturday on suspicion of having two outstanding misdemeanor warrants out of Sparks. Bail was set at $1,000.
• A 22-year-old Carson City construction worker was arrested at North Carson Road and John Street at 9:43 p.m. Saturday on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving. His bail was set at $1,132.
• A 49-year-old transient was arrested in the Albertson’s parking lot in North Carson at 10 p.m. Saturday on suspicion of misdemeanor disorderly conduct. His bail was set at $250.
• An 18-year-old unemployed Carson City man was arrested at 11:34 p.m. Saturday at the Gold Dust West Casino parking lot on suspicion of misdemeanor speeding and not having a driver’s license. Bail was set at $250.