The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Robert Ritter, a 35-year-old Stockton, Calif., resident was arrested at 6:57 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Clearview and Ponderosa drives on suspicion of trying to elude police, a felony, and failure to stop at a stop sign, driving with a suspended registration, a suspended drivers license, no proof of insurance and reckless driving. Ritter, who failed to stop at a stop sign led sheriff’s deputies on a high-speed chase where he reached speeds up to 100 mph on his motorcycle, before being apprehended. Bail was set at $23,000.
• Rose Varella, a 46-year-old unemployed Carson woman, was arrested at 11:54 a.m. Saturday at the 1400 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of trafficking four to 14 grams of illegal drugs, possession of prescription drugs without a prescription, both felonies, as well as possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $23,500.
• A 21-year-old Carson City production assistant was arrested at 4:39 a.m. Sunday at the 1200 block of Woodside Drive on suspicion of failure to pay an outstanding fine. His bail was set at $144.
• A 39-year-old Gardnerville woman was arrested at 8:15 a.m. Saturday on the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of committing a sentencing violation. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 34-year-old Carson construction worker was arrested at 10:20 p.m. Saturday at the 3200 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of DUI and having no driver’s license, suspended registration, no proof of insurance, possession of drug paraphernalia and a warrant for failure to appear in court over a previous traffic violation. Bail was set at $3,600.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Saturday:
• An unlicensed van was selling food and beer at 3:17 p.m. at Pete Henrichs Road.
• An intoxicated man took the fence boards off a fence at 12:55 a.m. at the 700 block of Shadow Lane.