September 20, 2007
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Jimmy Ray Currier, 21, unemployed from Silver Springs, was arrested at 6:17 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony fraudulent use of a credit card, possession of stolen property and burglary. Bail was set at $25,000.
• Efrain Noriega-Ortiz, 39, construction worker from Carson City, was arrested at 9:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 1300 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of gross misdemeanor child endangerment, misdemeanor drunken driving, open container of alcohol in vehicle and driving without a valid license. Bail was set at $2,900.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Wednesday:
• Accident at Division and Third streets at 8:21 a.m.
• Fraud report at 10:18 a.m. on Nichols Lane.
Recommended Stories For You
• Report of a Silver State Charter School student bringing a kitchen knife to school at 11:08 a.m.
• A man reported that after an elderly woman hit his vehicle with her own in the post office parking lot, she drove off at 11:57 a.m.
• A suspect in a white hooded sweatshirt and jeans stole a wallet from a vehicle in the Gottschalks parking lot at 8:15 p.m.
• Accident at East Nye Lane and College Parkway at 11:27 p.m.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’