November 18, 2007
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Charlene Briese, a 34-year-old unemployed Carson woman, was arrested at 4:45 p.m. Saturday on the 800 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of having a felony warrant out of Lyon County. She was originally stopped for driving without a seatbelt and with a broken windshield. Bail was set at $2,500.
• A 52-year-old Reno man was arrested at 6 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Highway 50 East and Deer Run Road on suspicion of DUI, driving with an open container and failure to maintain his driving lane. Bail was set at $1,500.
• A 51-year-old Arizona woman was arrested at 6:19 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Silver Sage and Clearview drives on suspicion of driving with an expired registration, driving with a suspended license and failure to appear in court for a traffic violation. Bail was set at $1,600.
• A 20-year-old Carson City administrative assistant was arrested at 12:10 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of Humboldt and Long streets on suspicion of failure to maintain her driving lane, DUI and possession of drug paraphernalia. Her bail was set at $2,400.
• A 37-year-old Carson man was arrested at 1:15 a.m. Sunday on the intersection of Research Way and Old Hot Springs Road on suspicion of DUI. Bail was set at $1,132.
Recommended Stories For You
• A 50-year-old Carson woman was arrested at 2:18 a.m. Sunday at the 1300 block of Jerry Lane on suspicion of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,132.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Saturday:
• A man reportedly came into a private home at 9:06 a.m. Saturday at the 1400 block of Grey Bluffs Drive with a shotgun. The occupants of the home escaped through the window and contacted the sheriff’s office.
• A woman reported at 9:37 a.m. Saturday on the 500 block of Dutch Oven Court that she’d not seen her 15-year-old daughter since Thursday.
• A woman reported at 4:44 p.m. Saturday on the 1800 block of Esmeralda Avenue that a man with black hair and a goatee tried to chase her and a friend down in his car and tried to get them into the vehicle.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit