December 22, 2007
The following people were arrested and booked into Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court.
• An 18-year-old Carson city woman and a 28-year-old Carson city man, both unemployed, were arrested at 3:45 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of South Roop Street on suspicion of nine counts of possession of a hypodermic device each, child endangerment and possession of drug paraphernalia. Sheriff’s deputies allegedly found nine syringes in the home, including one used syringe between the couple’s bed and their baby’s play pen, occupied by their 1-year-old child. The home was described as in general disarray with moldy plates in the kitchen. Bail was set at $12,0000 each.
• Carl Fausett, 50, of Carson City was arrested at 2 a.m. Friday at the Gold Dust West Casino on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon, three counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, being an ex-felon who failed to notify a change of address and possession of 10 ounces or less of marijuana. Bail was set at $35,000. Fausett allegedly stabbed a man with a knife in the 700 block of Hot Springs Road earlier in the night. Witnesses suggested that Fausett may have gone to a local casino. A deputy later found a man fitting the description of Fausett at a casino on Highway 50. After initially giving a different name, Fausett allegedly admitted that he was carrying a weapon and turned it over to the deputy. He was searched and taken into custody.
• A 26-year-old Huron, Calif., man was arrested at 2:17 a.m. Saturday on the 2200 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of being in contempt of court. Bail was set at $374.
The following incidents were reported in Lyon County Friday:
Recommended Stories For You
• A 17-year-old boy allegedly battered his 12-year-old sister at 9:25 a.m. in the 5400 block of Deodar Street. The boy was allegedly under the influence of marijuana.
• A woman reported someone tried to break into her home at 11:32 a.m. on the 300 block of Aspen Way.
• A man reported he had packages stolen from his front porch at 5:37 p.m. on the 2000 block of Rawles Drive.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit