December 30, 2007
The following people were arrested and booked into Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty.
• An 18-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 1:50 p.m. Saturday on the 3100 block of Minonee Lane on suspicion of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,132.
• A 32-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 4:16 p.m. Saturday on the corner of Fairview Drive and Kansas Street on suspicion of being in contempt of court and permitting an unlicensed person to drive. Bail was set at $1,050.
• A 26-year-old Carson City medical technician was arrested at 5:20 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Silver Sage Drive and Somerset Way on suspicion of failure to appear in court on a traffic warrant. Bail was set at $986.
• John Kvam, 61, of Carson, was arrested at 10:15 p.m. Saturday on the 3400 block of Northgate Lane on suspicion of DUI, his third – a felony. Kvam was pulled over and allegedly failed a series of sobriety tests and his BAC was .171. Bail was set at $10,000.
• An 18-year-old Mound House man was arrested at 4:15 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of Molly Drive and Long Street on suspicion of not having a driver’s license and obstruction of justice. Bail was set at $600.
Recommended Stories For You
• Ramiro Garcia, 20, of Mound House was arrested at 4:25 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of Molly Drive and Long Street on suspicion of felony probation violation and obstruction of justice. Garcia, after seeing a sheriff’s car pull up beside him, allegedly sped away, parked and fled on foot along with two other vehicle occupants. The men were pursued on foot by sheriff’s deputies and eventually arrested. There was no bail set for Garcia’s probation violation. Bail for obstruction of justice was set at $387.
The following incidents occurred on Saturday:
• A sheriff’s deputy issued a warrant at 9:54 p.m. on the first block of Six Mile Canyon Road in Dayton.
• A sheriff’s deputy gave a member of the public a ride from the Washoe Club at 11:09 p.m.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand