The following people were arrested and booked into Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Terri Zittel, a 36-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 8:16 a.m. Friday on the 2100 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony probation violation and grand larceny. Bail was set at $25,000 for grand larceny; no bail was set for the probation violation. Zittel allegedly walked out of a Scolari’s supermarket with a cart full of groceries without paying and later was determined to allegedly have alcohol in her system – a violation of parole.
• A 21-year-old Carson man was arrested at 2:40 p.m. in the 3300 block of Highway 50 on suspicion of having an outstanding traffic warrant. Bail was set at $486.
• A 37-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 5:06 p.m. Friday in the 1300 block of Como Street on suspicion of child neglect and abuse. The woman allegedly picked up her 11-year-old child from Empire Elementary School while intoxicated. Sheriff’s deputies followed up and found the woman at her home with her two children visibly altered. She admitted that she’d been drinking a little at casinos, and submitted a breathalyzer test. She was over the limit and taken into custody. Bail was set at $2,500.
• Scottie Van Nort, a 39-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 8:27 p.m. Friday in the 1600 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon and possession of marijuana. Bail was set at $30,732. Van Nort allegedly was giving an acquaintance a tattoo in his apartment. When the man getting the tattoo did not like the template Van Nort drew and backed out without giving him money, Van Nort allegedly used two “carpenter saws” in his assault of the man, as well as a mop handle.
• A 20-year-old Carson man was arrested at 9:08 p.m. Friday on the corner of Saliman and Fifth streets on suspicion of being a minor consuming alcohol and having two outstanding warrants, one for a traffic violation and one for being in contempt of court. Bail was set at $1,000.
• A 33-year-old Carson City construction worker was arrested at 9:11 p.m. Friday on the corner of Saliman and Fifth streets on suspicion of being an intoxicated pedestrian and violation of a suspended sentence. His bail was set at $1,067.
The following incidents were reported Friday in Lyon County.
• A traffic stop resulted in a DUI arrest at 5 p.m. on Highway 95 and Lahontan Road.
• A resident of the Ascuaga Ranch reported at 5:53 p.m. that someone had broken into his home on the first block of Artist View Lane and stolen electronics earlier in the week.
• A man was reported to be intoxicated and yelling in the middle of the street at 6:46 p.m. on the first block of Season Drive.