The following people were arrested and booked into Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty:
• James Redmon, a 26-year-old Carson City man, was arrested at 3:17 a.m. Saturday on the 1400 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony battery with a deadly weapon. Redmon, according to witness accounts, allegedly cut the throat of another with his knife. The victim was taken to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno. His condition was not known. Redmon said he cut the victim in self-defense and allegedly admitted to sheriff’s deputies, “I may have used my knife.”
• A 25-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 1:25 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Carson and Stewart streets on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident, failure to notify law enforcement of an accident and driving without a valid license. Bail was set at $1,500.
• A 26-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 4:30 p.m. Saturday on the 2900 block of Menlo Drive on suspicion of two counts of parole violation. Bail was set at $6,000.
• A 39-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 5:10 p.m. Saturday on the 300 block of Park Street on suspicion of probation violation. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 28-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 6 p.m. Saturday on the 1100 block of Buzzy’s Ranch Road on suspicion of domestic battery and violation of parole. Bail was set at $6,132.
• A 23-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 2:55 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of Carson Street and Winnie Lane on suspicion of speeding and DUI. Bail was set at $1,200.
The following incidents were reported Saturday in Lyon County:
• A man was said to be tampering with a motor vehicle at 4:01 p.m. on the 10 block of Lois Lane.
• A man reported his house was broken into the previous evening at 4:46 p.m. on the 400 block of Amanda Court.
• A 15-year-old juvenile reported at 8:20 p.m. that he was struck by his girlfriend’s father on the 300 block of Cedar Street.