The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in court:
• Jesse Salazar, 29, of Carson City was arrested at 3 p.m. Friday on charges he failed to register as a sex offender. Salazar turned himself in at the jail. Bail was set at $5,000.
• A 47-year-old Carson City man was charged at 4:41 p.m. Friday with driving on a suspended license, driving without insurance and having an obstructed windshield. Bail was set at $1,300.
• A Dayton 27 year old was charged with misdemeanor DUI Saturday after a 2:03 a.m. stop in the 5500 block of Highway 50 East. Bail was set at $1,000.
• Steven R. Gillim, 26, of Carson City was booked on a warrant charging grand larceny at 4:46 a.m. Saturday. He was also charged with conspiracy to violate the controlled substances act and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail on the charges totals $16,000.
• James Mason Dakota, 21, of Sun Valley, was jailed on charges including possession of prescription drugs without a prescription and violating bail conditions following a traffic stop at 7 a.m. at 3rd and Carson streets on Saturday. He faces a total bail of more than $6,350.
• A Carson City 24 year old was charged with domestic battery and child endangerment Saturday after his girlfriend called sheriff’s at 3:30 p.m. Bail was set at $5,500.
• Four inmates face battery and other charges following two separate fights in the Carson City Jail. The incident occurred just after midnight Saturday.
• A Washoe Valley man was arrested at 10:24 p.m. Saturday on a warrant issued to the Division of Parole and Probation. The arrest occurred in the 2,600 block of East Nye Lane. There is no bail allowed on P&P arrests.
• Jessica McKercher, 30, of South Lake Tahoe was arrested on five counts of uttering a forged instrument and five more of obtaining money under false pretenses. She was arrested after a local casino, which had been warned to look for her, called deputies at 3:45 a.m. Sunday. Total bail on the charges is $27,500.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Friday:
• A fight was reported at 2:55 a.m. in the 400 block of East Cedar Street, Fernley.
• An embezzlement complaint at 8:43 a.m. in the 20th block of Brown Drive in Mound House.
• A hospice death in the 200 block of Main Street, Silver City at 9:45 a.m.
• A dirt bike complaint in the 1200 block of Idaho Street, Silver Springs at 10:56 a.m.
• A report of obscene, harassing phone calls in the 300 block of Laminck Court, Dayton Valley at 12:29 p.m.
• A larceny complaint in the 100 block of Pearl Street in Yerington at 1:51 p.m.
• An animal complaint on Lake Street in Silver Springs at 4:28 p.m.
• A traffic complaint on Highway 208 in Smith Valley at 6:20 p.m.
• A battery report in the 600 block of Westwinds Drive in Dayton at 7:04 p.m.
• A DUI on Tonopah Street in Silver Springs at 11:15 p.m.