August 24, 2008
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• An 18-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 5:49 p.m. Saturday in the 3700 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor petty larceny. Bail was set at $637.
• A 34-year-old Lakeview, Ore., man was arrested at 11:35 p.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor second offense drunken driving, driving without a valid license and no headlights. Bail was set at $1,386.
• Richard Jay Jankowski, 52 of Carson City, was arrested at 2:15 p.m. Sunday at East Long and Marian streets on suspicion of gross misdemeanor false activation of a fire alarm. Jankowski allegedly pulled the alarm at the senior center, resulting in the fire department responding. Bail was set at $2,500.
• Quinn Cannon Cypher, 30 of Carson City, was arrested at 4:30 p.m. Saturday in the 1900 block of Fall Street on suspicion of felony battery causing substantial bodily harm and misdemeanor resisting arrest. According to the arrest report, a Carson City deputy on patrol in the area witnessed Cypher run up to another man and punch him in the face. The victim fell to the ground unconscious. He was having trouble breathing and paramedics believed he suffered a “severe brain injury.” Bail was set at $15,000.
Recommended Stories For You
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Saturday:
• Misdemeanor arrest on Tuscarora Street in Silver Springs at 1:02 a.m.
• Report of a vehicle driving the wrong way on Interstate 80 in Fernley at 3:13 a.m. A misdemeanor arrest was made.
• Commercial burglary report on East Main Street in Fernley at 7:50 a.m.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call (775) 322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is (775) 329-6666. Or, you can dial ‘202’ from any SBC pay phone for free. Callers always remain anonymous.