The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 23-year-old painter from Carson City was arrested at 1:40 a.m. Friday in the 900 block of South Roop Street on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving, failure to maintain lane and possession of marijuana. Bail was set at $1,971.
• Joseph Estrella, 26, a student from Sacramento, was arrested in the 1000 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony third-offense drunken driving, misdemeanor failure to appear and driving on a revoked license. Bail was set at $11,132.
• Michael Scott Viegas, 34, an unemployed transient, was arrested at 10:15 a.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of felony probation violation. No bail was set.
The following are some of the 158 calls to which deputies responded Thursday:
• Vehicle burglary report in the 300 block of North Stewart Street at 5:10 a.m.
• Battery report at Carson Middle School at 10:28 a.m. A student was cited.
• One student stabbed another student with a pencil at Seeliger Elementary School at 12:09 p.m. and was arrested.
• Battery report at Carson High School at 2:18 p.m. The student was released to a parent.
• Coroner call in the 900 block of East Musser Street at 2:20 p.m.
The following are some of the 94 calls to which deputies responded Thursday:
• Vehicle fire on Interstate 80 shortly after 1 p.m.
• Brush fire on Highway 95 Alternate in Mason Valley at 5:25 a.m.
• Fire in the 300 block of South Whitacre Street in Yerington at 2:58 p.m.
• Fire on Main Street in Fernley at 7:53 p.m.