The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
– An 18-year-old unemployed transient was arrested at 12:16 a.m. Wednesday at Nye Lane and Dale Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor violation of a suspended sentence.
– Chris Michael Schumacher, 26, of Carson City, was arrested at 2:44 a.m. Wednesday on suspicion of felony home invasion, possession of a dangerous drug and possession of a controlled substance. Bail was set at $25,000.
– A 19-year-old fast-food worker and a 35-year-old friend were arrested at 4:41 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of College Parkway each on suspicion of battery. Bail was set at $1,132.
– A 65-year-old retired Carson City man was arrested at 1:51 p.m. Tuesday in the 1900 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor second-offense drunken driving and driving on expired registration. Bail was set at $2,569
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Tuesday:
– A GMC Jimmy ended on its side after sliding on ice at Roop Street and Northridge Drive at 4:26 a.m. No one was injured.
– Report of a Dumpster fire in the 3100 block of Gordonia Drive at 5:14 a.m.
– A white 10-by-6-foot enclosed trailer was stolen from the 5200 block of Highway 50 East sometime before 8:35 a.m.
– Tires were slashed and windows broken on a vehicle in the 2200 block of East Long Street sometime before 8:51 a.m.
– A deputy was called to the juvenile detention center at 11:22 a.m. to take custody of marijuana and hashish found in possession of a juvenile that was being booked into the facility.
– Coroner call in the 1900 block of H Street at 1:33 p.m.
– Coroner call at Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center at 7:23 p.m.
– A woman reported her ex boyfriend threw Christmas decorations and spit in her face at 8:20 p.m.
– A caller reported seeing two men in camouflage walking on Roop Street and carrying AK47s or AR15s at 8:52 p.m. Officers contacted the suspects, both juveniles, and discovered the guns were toys.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call (775) 322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is (775) 283-1799 Or, you can dial 202 from any SBC pay phone for free. Callers always remain anonymous.