The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
– A 24-year-old dry wall installer from Stagecoach was arrested Friday afternoon at Beverly and Roop streets for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and misdemeanor failure to comply/contempt. A deputy ran a registration check of subject’s vehicle and discovered a contempt of court warrant for the owner. During the traffic stop, a bag with less than one ounce of marijuana was found. Bail was set at $904.
– A 20-year-old inmate at the Carson City Jail was arrested Thursday afternoon for misdemeanor making threats against another inmate. Bail was set for $632.
– A 23-year-old bartender from Carson City was arrested Thursday night in the 300 block of William Street for two misdemeanor failure to appear warrants. Cash-only bail was set at $6,000.
– A 49-year-old federal employee was arrested Saturday morning at the intersection of East Winnie Lane and Lone Mountain Drive for misdemeanor DUI second offense, failure to maintain lane, and failure to obey a traffic control device. A witness reported that the subject was driving on Lone Mountain Drive and failed to stop for the stop sign at East Winnie Lane, and hit a telephone pole. He failed a field sobriety test, and a preliminary breath test came back with a .058 result. Subject admitted to taking prescribed medication and sleeping pills with alcohol. Blood samples were take for evidence. Bail was set at $2,689.
– A 46-year-old unemployed transient was arrested Saturday morning at Telegraph and Harbin streets for misdemeanor domestic battery (second offense), possession of less than one ounce of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and making threats. Subject was accused by ex-girlfriend of demanding money and pushing her to the ground at her residence. As she walked to the Sheriff’s office, she said the subject threatened to knock her teeth out if she reported the incident. Once subject was arrested, deputies found a container with marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Bail was set for $5,528.
– A 29-year-old metal worker was arrested Friday night at Pheasant Drive for misdemeanor obstructing an officer, destruction of property, and violating probation. An officer approached a group of people arguing on the street, and the subject and two others ran away. The subject was later apprehended after jumping over the fence of a house and breaking several of the planks. A preliminary breath test showed .085 blood alcohol level, which is a violation of subject’s probation. Bail was set at $4,039.
– A 24-year-old Carson City man was arrested Friday night in the 1100 block of Musser Street for false imprisonment (a gross misdemeanor) and misdemeanor trespassing. According to his ex-girlfriend, the subject showed up at her home after learning she had a new boyfriend, and demanded some property. He then forced his way into the home and prevented the victim from leaving for approximately five minutes. Bail was set at $2,500.
– Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Or, you can dial 202 from any SBC pay phone for free. Callers always remain anonymous.