SILVER DOLLARS AND WOODEN NICKELS: She doesn’t clown around
May 19, 2018
Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels is a weekly feature in the Appeal's Sunday Opinion pages in which the Appeal gives Silver Dollars to those who deserve recognition and occasionally a Wooden Nickel to those who deserve criticism.
SILVER DOLLAR: To Eagle Valley eighth grader Nadia Hill for winning the 2018 Discover Your Nevada essay contest and for her desire to stay at the Clown Motel in Tonopah.
SILVER DOLLAR: To personnel of the Carson City, East Fork and Tahoe-Douglas Fire Departments for their outstanding work in rescuing two children from the second story of an apartment fire.
SILVER DOLLAR: To Deputies Daniel Loyola, Kyle Smith and Joshua Valdes from Carson City; Deputies Salvatore DeRosa, Colton Waggoner and Steven Warfield from Douglas County; Deputies Matthew Galvin and Richard Spencer from Lyon County; and Christopher Gentine from Lyon County Juvenile Probation from graduating from the Peace Officers Standards and Training Academy 17-week program.
SILVER DOLLAR: To all those involved in presenting today's Fred Alexander Memorial Golf Clinic at Eagle Valley Golf Course.
SILVER DOLLAR: To "Mound House" Murphy for winning Carson's Cutest Canine Contest.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection