Talk of the Town: FISH fulfilling mission of service
December 9, 2017
I know you know the acronym
It doesn't stand for the fish you caught
Or the dinner on your plate
It stand for Friends In Service Helping
What does that mean to you?
Recommended Stories For You
Surely, we must lend a helping hand.
Through donations and service
A hand up
So dignity will be restored, too.
Certainly in life
There is much despair
Living paycheck to paycheck
On a wing and a prayer.
FISH, it is an answer.
With what they offer there
Food, instruction and shelter
And the Ross Clinic for healthcare
The goal is to provide services
For all those in need
To guide those in poverty
I really was amazed
As Jim Peckham showed me around
It really is more than food and clothes and a thrift store,
Many more services do abound
We have just celebrated Thanksgiving
Be thankful everyday!
We should help everyone
And with FISH
There is a way!
Jenny Schnabel is a graduate of Arizona State University with a bachelor of fine arts degree. She also exhibits at the Brewery Arts Center. She welcomes poem ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. FISH is at 138 E. Long St., 775-882-3474, http://www.nvfish.com. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection