Thank you for help in scarf drive
December 14, 2013
I want to thank all the wonderful men and women of Carson City and Dayton who joined me in providing scarves for the less fortunate of our community. So far, we have collected 155 warm scarves, 32 knit hats, and 15 gloves or mittens — all of which were either homemade or gathered with love by generous and caring neighbors concerned about keeping our homeless warm and sharing their good fortune with others.
We have begun distribution to F.I.S.H. and Friends to All with a very heartwarming response. I am proud to live among such a loving community. I hope we can continue "Scarves of Love" yearly.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy