The greatest gift ever given
December 18, 2007
John 3:16 describes the greatest gift ever given, a Christmas gift like no other.
This gift is a divine gift, the gift of God from God … “God.”
This gift is a love gift, “For God so loved,” here is a gift from the heart – God’s heart.
This gift is a universal gift, “for God so loved the world.” His gift is “For all the people.”
This gift is an unmerited gift. “God so loved the world that he gave.” Here is the grace of God. Here is the undeserved favor of god. “While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
This gift is a priceless gift, his (God’s), “Only begotten son.”
Recommended Stories For You
Here is the gift most needed by all, a savior.
This gift is a personal gift. “Whosoever believeth” may take possession of the gift, which is life. “A savior has been born to you.”
This gift is an eternal gift, given so that “whosoever believeth” in Jesus “shall not perish, but have everlasting life.”
This year, take hold of the greatest Christmas gift ever given – Jesus Christ. He is God’s “indescribable gift.” If you have him, you’ll have a merry Christmas.
• Ken Haskins is pastor of First Christian Church in Carson City and a member of the Carson City Ministerial Fellowship.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed