The Popcorn Stand: Leave the bumper cars to the professionals
June 6, 2018
Two things I never got the hang of as a kid were bumper cars and that electronic football game.
I was always the kid in the bumper car ramming his car into the wall time an time again in some way-off corner by himself while everybody else was having fun ramming each other.
And the electronic football game, the same thing. Twenty-two pieces usually ended up all ramming up against each other in one small corner of the field when I was at the controls. Maybe it was because I was trying to play the game myself.
But a Chinese woman was confident enough to take her bumper car out on a busy road and she seemed to enjoy the excursion, as oblivious as can be, to the much larger vehicles that could have wiped her off the road.
The woman, of course, was stopped by police, but apparently just received a warning. Maybe the bumper car didn't have registration, I don't know.
The woman actually owns a bumper car business and she wasn't just taking one of her bumper cars out for a spin. She told the police she was heading to work and the bumper car was more convenient than a regular car.
Recommended Stories For You
My guess is this woman is really good at that electronic football game, too.
— Charles Whisnand
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit