• Sierra Nevada Human Resource Association meets at 7:30 a.m. at the Casino Fandango human resource office. Program at 8 a.m.; $5 members, $10 nonmembers. Call 684-0111.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meeting 8:30 a.m. at the Carson City community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Free photo and memories-preservation workshop, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive in the Piñon Pine Room. Call 885-8230.
• Community Council on Youth Hispanic Advisory Board meeting, noon at Nevada Hispanic Services office, 637 S. Stewart St. Open to the public; call 841-4730.
• Carson City Airport Authority public meeting, 6 p.m. at El Aero Services conference room, 2101 Arrowhead Drive.
• Star Trek and Science Fiction Club meets at 6:30 p.m. at Geno’s Pizza. Call 884-9562.
• Douglas County Historical Society membership meeting, 7 p.m. at the Carson Valley Museum and Cultural Center, 1477 Highway 395, Gardnerville. Call 267-9705.
• Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater presents “The Rose of Sharon,” 8 p.m. in the Great Room at the Gold Hill Hotel. Tickets $28 includes dinner; $8 play only. Reservations, call 847-0111.
• Douglas County Commissioners meeting, 1:30 p.m. in the courtroom of the County Administration building, 175 Highway 50 East, Stateline. Call 782-9821.
• The Tommy Bell Show performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Sidro’s Armada performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. 782-9711.
• Armed Forces Day ceremony at noon at the Legislative Mall, South Carson Street.
• WNCC’s Lone Mountain Writers and Tahoe/Reno International Film Festival screen eight short films at 7:30 p.m. at Marlette Hall, 2201 W. College Parkway. Tickets $15; call 298-0018.
• World Dance open-floor night, 7 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Free for all ages; performances start at 8, hosted by Ali Baba’s Belly Dance Productions. Call 882-0372.
• Mose Allison, blues meets Bartock, performs at 9 p.m. at the Tahoe Biltmore, Crystal Bay. Tickets $30; 21-older only. Call 337-8344.
• BAC Stage Kids present “We The People” at 7 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. All seats $5; call 883-1976.
• Western Nevada Musical Theatre Company presents “Beauty and The Beast,” 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 2 p.m. matinees Saturday-Sunday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets $18 general, $16 students and seniors, $14 youth 17-younger. Call 445-4249.
• Heritage Run Benefit for Breast Cancer in Gardnerville through Sunday. Benefits Susan G. Komen Foundation; hosted by Silver Knights Motorcycle Club. Call 265-6998.
• National MS Walk-a-thon, 7 a.m. to noon at Mills Park Pavilion A. Call Linda Lott at 329-7180.
• Spring Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746-5024.
• Running for Pride event. Cadets from Western Nevada Community College Police Officer Academy run at 8 a.m. from WNCC to the Peace Officer’s Memorial at the Legislative Plaza and back. Call 445-4408.
• American Legion Auxiliary Unit garage sale, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 29 W. Sunset Way. Includes small appliances, kitchen ware, baby items, clothing, furniture. Call 265-6982.