May 24, 2005
• Muscle Powered hosts an 8:30 a.m. walk in the C Hill neighborhood. Meet at Ormsby Street, off King Street. Call 885-2166.
• Carson City AARP Chapter 723 meets at 1:30 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive in the Nevada Room. Guest speaker is Art Miller, public safety coordinator. Call 267-1715.
• Carson City Planning commission meeting, 3:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Auditions for “A Town Without Syntax,” 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Needed are actors age 14 through adult; presented by Nick Josten. Call 887-0438.
• Carson High School Choir Spring Concert, 7:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call Stewart Peebles at 283-1715.
• Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Authority Casting Call, 10 a.m. at the chamber, 1513 Highway 395, Gardnerville. May be slight wait; call 782-8144.
Recommended Stories For You
• Northern Nevada Development Authority membership breakfast meeting, 7:15 a.m. at the Carson Valley Inn; doors open at 7, meeting at 7:30. An overview and status of the proposed Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository by Robert R. Loux, executive director of Nevada Agency for Nuclear Projects. Cost $15 members, $20 invited guests or those without reservation. Call 883-4413.
• Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater, 8 p.m. in the Great Room. Features “Vengeance and Vendetta on the Comstock.” Costs $28 includes dinner; play only $8 per person. Reservations: 847-0111.
• Hump Day Outing for Classic Vehicles to visit Virginia City. Meet at 10 a.m. at Fourth Ward School Cultural Center; 1 p.m. visit to Chollar Mine. Organized by Battle Born R.G. No. 12 of the Early Ford V-8 Club of America. Call 265-7074.
• Michael Mandella performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Hotel California performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Muscle Powered – Citizens for a Bikeable and Walkable Carson City hosts Lunch Hour Urban Walks, 12:10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 841-6810.
• Shade Tree Council meeting, 5:30 p.m. at Carson City Hall Capitol Conference Room.
• Carson City Republican Central Committee meets at 6:45 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St. Guest speakers are Assemblyman Rod Sherer and Assemblyman Garn Mabey. Free, open to the public. Call 884-9779.
• “The Essence of Power” presented at 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St., by Carson Performing Arts. Tickets $5 general admission, $3 students. Call 887-0438.
• Celtic Music Night at 7 p.m. at Borders Books Music and Cafe, 911 Topsy Lane. Features Girin Celtic Band. Call 267-0755.
• Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater presents “The Rose of Sharon,” 8 p.m. in the Great Room at the Gold Hill Hotel. Tickets $28 per person includes dinner; $8 play only. Reservations, call 847-0111.
• USDA Commodity food distribution, 9-11 a.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Any needy family can be eligible. Call 688-2828 or 687-4680.
• Behind-the-Scenes tours in anthropology at the Nevada State Museum, 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Reservations recommended; call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Demonstration of Coin Press No. 1 by volunteers Ken and Karen Hopple and the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St., 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.