May 31, 2005
• Muscle Powered hosts an 8:30 a.m. walk at Mexican Ditch, Riverview neighborhood. Park at pet cemetery, near Animal Services on Butti. Call 885-2166.
• “Behind the T-shirt Curtain,” a video brown bag lunch and discussion at noon at Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St., with State Historic Preservation Officer Ron James. Free; bring a sack lunch. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Presentation of Nevada Tartan Stones, 2 p.m. after Heritage Hall of Fame Ceremony, Koontz-Cahlan Research Room, Nevada State Library and Archives, 100 N. Stewart St. Call 687-3410.
• Carson River Advisory Committee meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Queens of the Stone Age perform at 8 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets $22.50, general. Call 789-2285.
Recommended Stories For You
• “Living in Nevada” art exhibit at Capital City Arts Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Includes reception from 5-6 p.m. June 2. Features work by Virginia City High School students. Call 287-2252.
• Perfect Choice performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. 782-9711.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meeting, 8:30 a.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
• Nevada Fire Safe Council meeting, 6 p.m. for Lakeview area residents, at Carson City Fire Station No. 1, 777 S. Stewart St. Call 887-2252.
• Nevada Fire Safe Council meeting, 7 p.m. for Kings Canyon residents at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St., by University of Nevada, Reno Cooperative Extension. Call 887-2252.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features more than 20 vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• Public welcome for coffee and snacks from 7-9 a.m. at the Plaza Hotel foyer, 801 S. Carson St. with the Houston Police Bicycle Relay Team before they depart Carson City for Lake Tahoe. A ride for awareness and fund-raiser for leukemia. Call 883-9500.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Mardi Gras theme features live music by Deja Blues Band, food. Call 884-4411.
• Bad Intent performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; call 883-8889.
• 60th Anniversary Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament at Carson Valley Golf Course. Four-person scrambles begin at 8:30 a.m.; cost $85 per person and includes lunch, shirt and hat, raffle prizes and awards given. Call 782-8144.
• Reno Kennel Club Dog Show, 9 a.m. Friday through Sunday at Fuji Park. Call Elizabeth Wise at 356-6519.
• Carson City Library’s annual Kiwanis/SlotWorld Breakfast for Books, 7:30-10:30 a.m. on the library lawn, 900 N. Roop St. Cost $6 adults, $3 kids and $15 families. Call 887-2244. Also, Friends of the Carson City Library Book Sale, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the auditorium.
• Carson City Sheriff Bike Rodeo, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Mills Park Pavilion A. Call Steve Shutte at 887-2500.
• Carson City Airport Air Fair 2005, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., 2600 Graves Lane. Features modern and vintage aircraft, live music, vintage auto display, Nevada State Railroad Museum display, free popcorn and ice cream and special appearance by “Sentimental Journey,” World War II vintage B-17 Flying Fortress; rides available weather permitting. Call 887-1234.