• Muscle Powered hosts an 8:30 a.m. Prison Hill wildflower hike. Bring walking stick; trail rocky in places. Go east across Edmonds from Koontz, take dirt road straight ahead, turn left at wood sign, continue to parking loop. Call 885-2166.
• Summer Farmers Market Opening Day, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Fourth annual Bike Night at United Blood Services, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 256 E. Winnie Lane. Features prizes, barbecue, live remote with KOZZ radio, raffle and more. For an appointment, call 887-9111.
• Carson Area Metropolitan Organization and Carson City Regional Transportation Commission joint meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Railroad Restoration Shop presentation, 7 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St. Call 687-6953.
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Firehouse, 1450 Stephanie Way, Minden. Call 265-1937 or 883-7917.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Sierra Nevada Republican Women meet at noon at Two Guys from Italy, Gardnerville. Guest speaker is Skip Sayre, executive director of the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Authority. Reservations and information: 265-2841.
• Amy Clawson performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• “Living in Nevada” art exhibit at Capital City Arts Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through June 30. Features work by Virginia City High School students. Call 287-2252.
• Muscle Powered – Citizens for a Bikeable and Walkable Carson City hosts Lunch Hour Urban Walks, 12:10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 841-6810.
• Carson City Historic Resources Commission meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Meet the new executive director of the Brewery Arts Center, John Procaccini, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the BAC Performance Hall, 511 W. King St., with free concert afterward by Al Stewart. Call 883-1976.
• Celtic Music Night at 7 p.m. at Borders Books Music and Cafe, 911 Topsy Lane. Features music of Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Call 267-0755.
• Carson City Young Democrats meet at 7:30 p.m. at Java Joe’s, in the basement. Open to all registered Democrats age 25-younger. Call Steve Platt at 544-7523.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features more than 20 vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• “Smokey Joe’s Cafe – The Songs of Leiber and Stoller,” returns to the Eldorado Showroom through Sept. 4. Tickets $30.95; call 786-5700.