June 8, 2005
• Muscle Powered – Citizens for a Bikeable and Walkable Carson City hosts Lunch Hour Urban Walks, 12:10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 841-6810.
• Nevada Coalition Against the Death Penalty holds a candle light vigil at 7 p.m. on East Fifth Street, across from Nevada State Prison. Call 233-9733.
• Carson City Historic Resources Commission meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Meet the new executive director of the Brewery Arts Center, John Procaccini, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the BAC Performance Hall, 511 W. King St., with free concert afterward by Al Stewart. Call 883-1976.
• Celtic Music Night at 7 p.m. at Borders Books Music and Cafe, 911 Topsy Lane. Features music of Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Call 267-0755.
• Carson City Young Democrats meet at 7:30 p.m. at Java Joe’s, in the basement. Open to all registered Democrats age 25-younger. Call 544-7523.
Recommended Stories For You
• “Living in Nevada” art exhibit at Capital City Arts Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through June 30. Features work by Virginia City High School students. Call 287-2252.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features more than 20 vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• Amy Clawson performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Carson-Tahoe Hospital Auxiliary Gift Shop annual yard sale, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Treadwell Park, east of the parking lot. Call 885-4140.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Southern Rock and Roll theme features live music by Hired Help, food. Call 884-4411.
• Wild Sage performs at 8 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 883-2662.
• Afterglow performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; call 883-8889.
• Carson Valley Inn Rafting Outing, a way to catch 20 miles of scenery otherwise only accessible by horseback or a long hike. Call 783-6679. Also, CVI annual Fishing Derby at Lake Tahoe; call 783-6625.
• “Class Reunion, or True Love Wins Out,” 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Mia’s Swiss Restaurant, Dayton. Advance tickets $8 per person, call 246-9622.
• Carson City Rendezvous and Mountain Man Encampment at Mills Park and Pony Express Pavilion. Features re-enactments of Civil War skirmishes, American Indian dancing and live western entertainment, plus crafts and food booths, Dutch oven cook off, tomahawk and knife-throwing contest, muzzle loading a rifle or pistol, old-time fiddlers contest, camel rides, gun fighters show and Pueblo de Nevada village through Sunday. Call Joy Evans at 687-7410.
• Carson Valley Days Art Show, an exhibit of paintings by Carson Valley Art Association members. This annual event displays more than 100 paintings by local artists which are for sale to the public. Call 782-5606.
Trending In: Opinion
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office