• Carson City Convention and Visitors’ Bureau meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Discipline With Purpose two-day workshop at St. Teresa Catholic School, for educators of all levels at all types of schools, grades K through 12. go to http://www.selfdisciplinedwp.com or call (800) 691-4397.
• “Living in Nevada” art exhibit at Capital City Arts Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through June 30. Features work by Virginia City High School students. Call 287-2252.
• “Smokey Joe’s Cafe – The Songs of Leiber and Stoller,” returns to the Eldorado Showroom through Sept. 4. Tickets $30.95; call 786-5700.
• Flag Day
• National Guard Flag Day ceremony at 10 a.m. at the Veterans Wall on the Capitol grounds. Guest speakers are Mayor Marv Teixeira and Army Guard Col. Felix Castagnola who will speak on the U.S. Army’s 230th birthday.
• “We Chile, The Testimony of the Chilean Arpilleristas,” a free bilingual program featuring award-winning poet Emma Sepulveda at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Writing workshop at 6, lecture at 7 p.m. Call 687-4810, ext. 237 by June 10 to register for workshop.
• Carson City School District Board meeting, 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Mile High Jazz Band performs at 8 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 883-4154.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Maitland Stanley on Slippery Gulch: Early Gold Hill described with pictures at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• Flag Day celebration in Virginia City. Call 847-0311.
• Douglas County Planning Commission meeting, 1 p.m. in the courtroom of the Douglas County Administrative Building, 1616 Eighth St., Minden. Call 782-9005.
• Nathan Owens performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through June 19. Call 782-9711.
• Northern Nevada Railway Foundation, Inc. meeting, 8:30 a.m. at 107 Telegraph St. Call 885-6833.
• Behavioral Health Services “Acute and Post Acute Withdrawals” presentation for clinicians and the public, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at BHS conference room. RSVP to 885-4462; limited seating.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours Mixer, 5-7 p.m. at Lake Tahoe Supply Company, 3315 Research Drive. Call 882-1565.
• Carson City Airport Authority meeting, 6 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Muscle Powered hosts a 6:30 p.m. walk at Empire Golf Course; park at BLM office on Morgan Mill Road, near Deer Run Road. Call 885-2166.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meeting, 8:30 a.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room.