June 13, 2005
• Discipline With Purpose workshop held at St. Teresa Catholic School, for educators of all levels at all types of schools, grades K through 12. Go to http://www.selfdisciplinedwp.com or call (800) 691-4397.
• Nevada National Guard Flag Day Ceremony, 10 a.m. at the Veterans Wall on Capitol Grounds, free. Guest speaker Mayor Marv Teixeira. Also, free Army birthday cake.
• “We Chile, The Testimony of the Chilean Arpilleristas,” a free bilingual program featuring award-winning poet Emma Sepulveda at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Writing workshop at 6, lecture at 7 p.m. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Carson City School District Board meeting, 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Mile High Jazz Band performs at 8 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 883-4154.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Maitland Stanley on Slippery Gulch: Early Gold Hill Described with pictures at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
Recommended Stories For You
• Flag Day celebration in Virginia City. Call 847-0311.
• Douglas County Planning commission meeting, 1 p.m. in the courtroom of the Douglas County Administrative Building, 1616 Eighth St., Minden. Call 782-9005.
• Nathan Owens performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Northern Nevada Railway Foundation, Inc. meeting, 8:30 a.m. at 107 Telegraph St. Call 885-6833.
• Behavioral Health Services “Acute and Post Acute Withdrawals” presentation for clinicians and the public, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at BHS conference room. RSVP to 885-4462; limited seating.
• “Home Safety and Modification: Keeping Your Family Members Safe at Home,” a free informational meeting for family members and caregivers of Alzheimer’s patients, 1-2 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Guest speaker is Laurie Ebel, OT. Call 883-0703.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours Mixer, 5-7 p.m. at Lake Tahoe Supply Company, 3315 Research Drive. Call 882-1565.
• Carson City Airport Authority meeting, 6 p.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Muscle Powered hosts a 6:30 p.m. walk at Empire Golf Course; park at BLM office on Morgan Mill Road, near Deer Run Road. Call 885-2166.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, flowers, plants. Call 782-9828.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meeting, 8:30 a.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room.
• International Footprint Association Carson Valley Chapter 72 meets at 6 p.m. at Casino Fandango. Guest speaker is Elaine Pace, chief of Fish Springs Volunteer Fire Department. Reservations requested; call 266-3435 or 783-9759.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features more than 20 vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• Push America, “Journey of Hope 2005” rides through Carson City. A team of bicyclists from Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity on a 60-city, 4,000-mile ride across the country to support people with disabilities and distribute grants to organizations. Go to http://www.pushamerica.org or call (704) 504-2400, ext. 135.
• Highway 50 Association Wagon Train runs through Carson City to Lake Tahoe via Spooner Summit. Lead wagons arrive Thursday; Friday night rendezvous at Fuji Park; train leaves for 8-day trip to Placerville at 8 a.m. Saturday. Call 887-1280 or 841-3844.
• Reno Rodeo at the Reno Livestock and Events Center, Reno. Drill-team competitions, barrel racing, steer wrestling, roping, team roping, cutting horse competition, bull riding and saddle bronc riding through June 25. Call (800) 225-2277.
Trending In: Opinion
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office