June 27, 2005
• Carson City School District Board meeting, 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• The Nevada Political Tradition, a free multi-media presentation with Historian Michael Green at 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 239.
• Battle Born Regional Group of Early Ford V-8 Club meets at 7:30 p.m. at Mom and Pop’s Diner, 224 S. Carson St. Dinner optional at 6. Call 267-3023 or 345-6524.
• Kind ‘n Nic perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• “Living in Nevada” art exhibit at Capital City Arts Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through Thursday. Features work by Virginia City High School students. Call 287-2252.
• “Night Pieces,” A Look at the World We Leave Behind When We Go Home at Night, a Philippe Mazaud photography exhibit at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., Suite A, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday; through Wednesday. Call 687-6680.
Recommended Stories For You
• “Smokey Joe’s Cafe – The Songs of Leiber and Stoller,” returns to the Eldorado Showroom through Sept. 4. Tickets $30.95; call 786-5700.
• Carson City Planning Commission meeting, 3:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• “Dragons, Dreams and Daring Deeds” at 4 p.m. at the Douglas County Public Library, 1625 Library Lane, part of the Summer Reading Program. Call 782-9841.
• Lyon County Horseman’s Association general meeting, 7 p.m. at the McAtee Building, next to fire department on Ft. Churchill Road, Silver Springs. Call 629-0713.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• Solutions Forum/White House Conference on Aging, 6 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Call 783-6455.
• RSVP July Fourth Celebration Carnival at Mills Park. Features a carnival with rides, midway, crafts and food and entertainment through July 4. Call 687-4680.
• Hired Help performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; call 883-8889.
• Genoa Farmers Market in Genoa Park, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Call 782-8696.
• Paintings on Exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale. Public welcome to view exhibit on display.
• “Wizard Training School,” a free presentation at 6:30 p.m. at Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School, 701 Long Valley Road, Gardnerville. Call 782-9841.
• Judas Priest, Queensryche perform at 7:30 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Outdoor Amphitheater. Tickets $45; call 789-2285.
• “Wizard Training School,” a free presentation at 3:30 p.m. at Kahle Community Center. Call 782-9841.