• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• RSVP July Fourth Celebration Carnival at Mills Park. Features a carnival with rides, midway, crafts and food and entertainment through Monday. Call 687-4680.
• “Living in Nevada” art exhibit at Capital City Arts Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Features work by Virginia City High School students. Call 287-2252.
• “Night Pieces,” A Look at the World We Leave Behind When We Go Home at Night, a Philippe Mazaud photography exhibit at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., Suite A, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. through July 29. Call 687-6680.
• Pet Network and PetsMart Senior Cat Adoption Days, noon-4 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at PetsMart, 250 Fairview Drive. Call 832-4404, ext. 102.
• Hired Help performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; call 883-8889.
• Genoa Farmers Market in Genoa Park, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Call 782-8696.
• Paintings on Exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale.
• “Wizard Training School,” a free presentation at 6:30 p.m. at Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School, 701 Long Valley Road, Gardnerville. Call 782-9841.
• Carson City Raceway at Fuji Park features AMA Pro Speedway, youth speedway, pee wee speedway, bicycle races, econobox drags and MADD Night and “Speedway Sidecar Spectacular No. 1.” Pits open at 5, main gate at 6, racing at 7 p.m. Call 882-2460.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features several classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• Wicker Box performs a free concert from 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 882-8706.
• “Wizard Training School,” a free presentation at 3:30 p.m. at Kahle Community Center. Call 782-9841.
• Silver Springs Founders Day Celebration, begins at 7 a.m. with pancake breakfast at the senior center; parade on Fort Churchill Drive at 10; food, drink, games, vendors and crafters at Penny Park from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., plus live music and open mic karaoke. Call 577-4336.
• “Fists and Fireworks” nationally televised 12-round Heavyweight title bout at Reno Events Center, 400 N. Center St. Call 338-7378.
• David Lindley, Wally Ingram and Eric McFadden, and Mind X perform at 3:30 p.m. at the Truckee River Regional Park Amphitheater, Truckee. Tickets $20 in advance, available at Java Joe’s, or http://www.renegadeshows.com or call (530) 583-2801.
• July Fourth Yard Sale at the Roberts House Museum, 1207 N. Carson St., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Monday. Features antiques, art, collectibles, handmade and vintage jewelry, glass, coins and crafts. Call 887-8865.
• Ride the Rails at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through July 4. Includes rides on steam trains and firing of the Inyo locomotive 10-11 a.m. each day. Call 687-6953.
• “Sassy Gals of the Sierras” presented at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Mandarin Gardens Chinese Restaurant, Virginia City. Tickets $25 general admission, $35 preferred seating (includes dinner). Call 544-7532.