• Carson City Chapter of Retired Public Employees of Nevada meets at 11:30 a.m. at Ross Gold Park for their annual picnic, behind the Snyder Avenue fire station. Hot dogs and burgers provided; bring side dish or dessert. Call 883-6334.
• Nevada Artists Association meets at 1 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Gallery, 449 W. King St. Guest speaker is Arlene Origani demonstrating the art of pastels. Open to the public; call Sabina Bye at 267-9167.
• Wienerschnitzel offers free, sample size Tastee-Freez cones from 5-8 p.m. at participating Wienerschnitzel locations.
• International Folkloric Ballet, a free dance presentation from 6-7 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Admission $5 adults, $3 seniors, 17-younger free. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Clear Creek Team meeting, 6-8 p.m. at Fuji Park. Call Margie Evans at 720-0162.
• “Senior Pet Wellness,” a free informational seminar from 7-8 p.m. at Sierra Veterinary Hospital, 1477 N. Saliman Road with Dr. Mike Chumrau. Question-and-answer period after seminar, plus tour of hospital. Call 883-0261.
• Nevada Fire Safe Council meeting of Kings Canyon Chapter, 7 p.m. at UNR Cooperative Extension, 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 12. Call 887-2252.
• Free poetry reading by Peruvian poet Roy Chavez from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Colin Hay performs at 7:30 p.m. at Adele’s Summer Concert Series. Tickets $30 general, $40 Gold Circle premium seating, available at Adele’s, Cracker Box, Brewery Arts Center. Call 882-3353.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Richard Senate on “Ghost Hunting: Experiences and Hauntings in Northern California and Nevada” at 7:30 p.m. Buffet 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• Michael Mandella performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
• Melissa Dru performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• “Advance Directives,” a free presentation on the fundamentals of creating advance directives, 12:30-1:30 p.m. at Carson Convalescent Center Conference Room, 2898 Highway 50 E. Refreshments available; seating limited. Call 882-3301.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Muscle Powered evening, walk, 6:30 p.m. on Westside trail to the Observatory. Meet at Bristol and Longview streets, near the park. Call 885-2166.
• “Wild, Wild West” film at 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St. Call 687-6953.
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Firehouse, 1450 Stephanie Way. Painters of all levels welcome. Call 265-1937 or 883-7917.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar hosts a charity “Battle for the Tips,” between the Carson City Sheriff and Fire departments, 11 a.m. to 10 a.m. at 3300 S. Carson St. Proceeds benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation.
• Carson City Natives and Newcomers meet at 11:30 a.m. the Silver Oaks Golf Course Club House, 1251 Country Club Drive. A representative from Starbucks will be guest speaker. Cost $13; call Dena Hug at 885-9431.
• Smith & Smith Farms of Dayton will be selling fresh flowers and produce from 3:30-7:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Adele’s, 1112 N. Carson St.