July 19, 2005
• Northern Nevada Railway Foundation Inc. meeting, 8:30 a.m. at 107 Telegraph St. Call 885-6833.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. at V&T Railroad Grade. Take Combs Canyon Road west, turn right on dirt road opposite Murphy Drive. Call 885-2166.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Explorations for the Young Naturalist, Children’s Summer Nature Series at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Limited to 20 students; preregistration required. Cost $5 per day for supplies, or $20 for the week; 2-3:30 p.m. through Friday. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Dean Everett performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
Recommended Stories For You
• Chazz performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Smith & Smith Farms, of Dayton, will sell fresh flowers and produce from 3:30-7:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Adele’s, 1112 N. Carson St.
• United Methodist Women’s annual Ice Cream Social, 6-8 p.m. at the church, 412 W. Musser St., line forms at Musser Street entrance. Includes homemade pies, cakes and ice cream, hot dogs available. Prices vary; live entertainment by the Capitol City Band. Call 882-1436.
• Author Adam Rosenbaum, “How to Remember Not to Forget” will be at the Carson City Library at 7 p.m. with a presentation on memory function, and the differences of day to day forgetfulness and Alzheimer’s disease. Call 887-2244.
• Carson City Democratic Men’s Club meets at 7 p.m. at Round Table Pizza in Eagle Station, South Carson Street. Call 841-3367.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts. Call 246-5296.
• Whistlin’ Billy train exhibit opening reception, 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, at Fairview and South Carson Street. Call 687-6953.
• National Bicycle Greenway Day in Carson City, ceremony at 11 a.m. on Legislative lawn, near the amphitheater. Cross-country relay cyclists will be there en route to San Francisco, promoting safe cycling. Call 887-2100.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Blues Night theme features live music by Deja Blues Band, food . Call 884-4411.
• Genoa Farmers Market in Genoa Park, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Call 782-8696.
• Author Adam Rosenbaum book signing, 5-6 p.m. at The Book Den, 1328 Highway 395, Suite 305, Gardnerville. Call 783-1100.
• Players Costume Ball featuring Sir Mix-A-Lot, 9 p.m. at NV50 Nightclub, 10051 Highway 50 E., Mound House. Call 246-4477.
• Ride the Rails at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday through Sunday. Call 687-6953.
• Carson City/Storey County 4-H and Youth Fair at Carson City Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall at Fuji Park, 601 Old Clear Creek Road. 4-7 p.m. Friday; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. 784-4848.
• Volunteers wanted to collect bitterbrush seed for Waterfall fire burn areas, 7:30 a.m. to noon with UNR Cooperative Extension, Lakeview Fire Safe Council and Nevada Department of Wildlife. Meet at corner of Hobart and Lakeview; call 887-2252.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’