August 2, 2005
• “African Americans on the Comstock,” a free brown bag lunch program with video from noon-1 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Senior Service Network meets at 8 a.m. at the First United Methodist Church, 412 W. Musser St. Guest speaker is Pharmacist Kirk Wentworth. Call 882-1322.
• Juggling instruction for children ages 8 and up at the Carson City Library Auditorium at 2 p.m. Juggler and performer Tom Tomashek will conduct a workshop; all participants will receive balls. Call 887-2244 ext. 1004.
• Carson City Democrats will meet at 7 p.m. at 709 E. Robinson St. with Secretary of State candidate Kat Marshall. Call 841-3367 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. at Edmonds Sports Complex to Stewart Indian School. Call 885-2166.
Recommended Stories For You
• Jazz Greats of Northern Nevada display at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Features photos by Carson City jazz enthusiast Pat Glancy through Aug. 31. Call 887-2244.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• X Force performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
• The BB Drifters perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Hot August Nights, cars, music and food from the ’50s and ’60s. An event you must see to believe, in Reno through Sunday. For information go online to: http://www.hotaugustnights.net or call 356-1956.
• The Carson City Board of Supervisors will meet at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• “Expresso Yourself: A Teen Poetry Open Mic” from 6-8 p.m. at the Carson City Library. Participants may read original or previously published poetry and lyrics at the event, and artists may submit artwork for display. Call 887-2244 extension 1004.
• The Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2363.
• Free scrapbooking class and workshop in the Job’s Peak Room at the Carson City Senior Center from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call 885-8230.
• The Douglas County Commission will meet at 1 p.m. in the Administration Building, 1616 Eighth St. in Minden. Call 782-9012.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• Tahoe Yacht Club Foundation’s Wooden Boat Week and Concours d’Elegance at Tahoe City through Aug. 11. Featured events include wooden craft exhibit and judging at Sierra Boat Company at Carnelian Bay, lakeside picnics, parades and rallies, fashion show and luncheon. Advance two-day pass ticket $20 adults; children 11-younger free with adult. At-the-gate tickets $5 higher. Visit http://www.tahoeyc.com or call (530) 581-4700.
• Carson City Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program coupon booklet distribution, 11 a.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. For seniors 60-older, whose income does not exceed $16,613 for individual; $22,422 for couple. Must furnish ID; call 687-4680, ext. 0.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing