August 3, 2005
• The Carson City Board of Supervisors will meet at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• “Expresso Yourself: A Teen Poetry Open Mic” from 6-8 p.m. at the Carson City Library. Participants may read original or previously published poetry and lyrics at the event, and artists may submit artwork for display. Call 887-2244 extension 1004.
• The Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2363.
• Free scrapbooking class and workshop in the Job’s Peak Room at the Carson City Senior Center from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Aug. 4. Call 885-8230.
• The Douglas County Commission will meet at 1 p.m. in the Administration Building, 1616 Eighth St. in Minden. Call 782-9012.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
Recommended Stories For You
• Tahoe Yacht Club Foundation’s Wooden Boat Week and Concours d’Elegance at Tahoe City through Aug. 11. Featured events include wooden craft exhibit and judging at Sierra Boat Company at Carnelian Bay, lakeside picnics, parades and rallies, fashion show and luncheon. Advance two-day pass ticket $20 adults; children 11-younger free with adult. At-the-gate tickets $5 higher. Visit http://www.tahoeyc.com or call (530) 581-4700.
• X Force performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
• The BB Drifters perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Hot August Nights, cars, music and food from the ’50s and ’60s. An event you must see to believe, in Reno through Sunday. For information go online to: http://www.hotaugustnights.net or call 356-1956.
• Carson City Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program coupon booklet distribution, 11 a.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. For seniors 60-older, whose income does not exceed $16,613 for individual; $22,422 for couple. Must furnish ID; call 687-4680, ext. 0.
• “Nuclear West” exhibit opens at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday through Sept. 30. Call 687-6680.
• Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints open house at Dayton Ward Meetinghouse, 304 Driftwood, Dayton, 6-8 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. All ages, faiths and backgrounds welcome to dedication service Sunday at 7 p.m. Call 246-1652.
• Damian and Stephen Marley perform at Caesars Tahoe. Tickets $30; call (800) 648-3353.
• St. Gall’s annual Awesome Rummage Sale 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the church in Gardnerville. Call for information and directions.
• Potter’s House Christian Fellowship annual Healing Crusade, 7 p.m. each day at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Free, open to the public. Call 721-5584 or 841-6403.
• “Taming of the Shrew,” 8 p.m. at the Gold Hill Gazebo by Gold Hill Theater Troupe through Sunday. General seating $24, reserved $33. Includes pre-play entertainment at 6. Call 847-0111.
• Roberts House Yard sale from, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Disneyland exhibit open at museum for $3. Antique appraisals will be offered from 2-4 p.m. Sunday for $5 an item. 1207 N. Carson St. Call 887-8865.
• Super Pawn and American Legion High Desert Post 56 Support Your Troops Sidewalk and Store Sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 3816 Highway 50 E. Call Don Atkins 887-0708.