August 7, 2005
• Potter’s House Christian Fellowship Revival, 7:30 p.m. through Thursday at the church, 264 W. Winnie Lane. Public welcome; prayer for the sick, nursery provided. Call 721-5584.
• Young at Heart Senior Citizens Club Board of Trustees meeting, 9:30 a.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center. Call 783-6455.
• Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Council, 8 a.m. at the Senor Center. Call 783-6455.
• Carson City Historical Society presents “Reflections of Carson City,” 7 p.m. at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Free lectures by Wally Earhart as Frank Jarden Bell and Ruby McFarland on the History of Dayton. Call 882-5694.
• Hot August Jazz, 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee Courtyard. General admission $5 at the door; $4 for members of the Mile High Jazz Band Assoc. and free age 18-younger. Swing-dance lessons 6-7:30 p.m. are $5 additional. Call 883-2662.
Recommended Stories For You
• “Buyer be wise: How to look for quality nutritional supplements” presentation, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Nelson’s Take Five Restaurant, 1435 Highway. 395, Gardnerville. Call Barbara Boeving, 265-0427.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Milton Briggs on “Blue Mockingbirds – Champion Whistler” at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• Melissa Dru performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge. Call 882-1626.
• Shake, Rattle and Roll performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. in C Hill neighborhood. Meet at Ormsby Street, dead end off King Street. Call 885-2166.
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Firehouse, 1450 Stephanie Way, Minden. Painters of all levels welcome. Call 265-1937 or 883-7917.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Alzheimer’s Association sponsors education meeting for family caregivers from 2-3 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center. Attorney Henry Cavallera will speak on legal and financial issues, long-term care planning and Medicaid planning. Call (800) 272-3900 or Betty Miller, 782-7935.
• Carson City Young Democracts meet at 7:30 p.m. at Java Joe’s. Open to all registered Democrats age 35-younger. Call Steve Platt at 544-7523.
• Jerry Seinfeld on stage at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets $74.25 and $96.25. Call 789-2285.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Hawaiian Luau theme features live music, food and more. Call 884-4411.
• Disney Celebration at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 7 p.m. with a presentation by Disney Historian Michael Broggie, 2180 S. Carson St. Call 687-6953.
• Howl at the Moon, 8:30 p.m. at Galena Creek Park Campfire, 18350 Mt. Rose Highway. Call 849-2511.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand