August 26, 2004
• 130th Nevada State Fair at the Reno Livestock Event Center, 1350 N. Wells Ave. Noon to midnight tonight and Saturday, noon-11 p.m. Sunday. Features livestock competitions, championship barrel racing, baking competitions, carnival, midway, “Fake Fest” concert at 5 p.m. Friday; world’s longest burrito and more. Call 688-5767.
• Tri-Club Silver Saddle Ranch Park walk/picnic community meet, 5-9 p.m. with Muscle Powered, GROW and Friends of the Silver Saddle Ranch. Call 885-2166.
• Parents’ Night Out at Positive Energy Acrobatics and Dance Studio, 6-10 p.m., 900 Mallory Way, Studio 4. For ages 5 and older; includes dinner and activities supervised by open-gym party. Cost $15 per child/$25 for family. Reservations, information: call 884-3633.
• St. Ann’s Rummage Sale, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. today, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at St. Ann’s Church in Dayton, off Highway 50 at Hughes Road. Features furniture, kitchen appliances, lamps and more. Call 246-7578.
• Historic Coin Press operation of Coin Press No. 1 at the Nevada State Museum. Call 687-4810, ext. 222.
• “Romeo and Juliet” fund-raiser is performed at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. 8 p.m. today and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets $15 general, $12 BAC members/students/seniors. Call 883-1976.
Recommended Stories For You
• “Truly Cool” parking lot sale, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Family Church, corner of East William Street and Saliman Road. Hosted by the Carson Area Telecom Pioneers; donations accepted. Call Betty Razor at 841-2208 or Lee Radtke at 885-8166.
• Benefit Car Wash for Western Nevada Performing Arts Center, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Lowe’s Home Improvement Center, 444 Fairview Drive. Call 882-7485.
• Roberts House Tea, 10:30 a.m. at 1207 N. Carson St. Includes scones with toppings, fresh fruit, breads, desserts and teas. Cost $12; call 887-8865.
• Carson City Natives and Newcomers Root Beer Float Benefit, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Albertsons, 4348 S. Carson St. Cost $1.50 per float; donations accepted. Proceeds benefit scholarship program.
• Carson High School Football Alumni’s 10th annual Kick-off Dinner/Street Dance, 5 p.m. at Adele’s Restaurant, corner of West John and North Carson streets. Includes food, raffle, silent auction and Hall of Fame Inductions. Tickets $25; call 883-8627 or 882-6258.
• Dayton Senior Center End of Summer Potluck Dinner Celebration, 5:30 p.m. Open to all seniors; bring your favorite side dish to share. At 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Call 246-6210.
• Silver Stage Nighthawk Booster Club’s second annual Show ‘n’ Shine at Silver Stage High School football field, registration at 8 a.m.; features 21 classes with trophies to be awarded in all; show ‘n’ shine from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; awards ceremony at 4 p.m. Food and refreshments available, plus prize drawings. Call 629-1969, 629-9166 or 577-2077.
• “The Park After Dark,” a special program on how cats see at night and how animals hunt by hearing or echolocation, 8:15 p.m. at The Animal Ark. Admission $8 adults; children $6. Take 395 North to Red Rock Road (north of Reno), go right, 11.5 miles to Deerlodge, turn right. Call (775) 970-3111.
• Steam up at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., also Sunday. Adults $4; ages 6-11 $2.50, 5 and younger free. Call 687-6953.
• Carson City Mint Coin Show at the Nevada State Museum, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., also Sunday. Features more than 40 coin dealers, gold panning and raffle prizes. Admission $5 adults; $3 seniors. Call 687-4810, ext. 222.
• Lyon County Relay for Life at Yerington High School track, 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. A fund-raiser for the American Cancer Society. Registration, information; Nancy Pursel at (775) 463-4479 or Kyle Davis at the ACS in Reno, 329-0609.
• OHV Expo and Barbecue and Benefit Concert, noon-6 p.m. at Mills Park. Hosted by Pine Nut Mountain Trails Association and Carson RV Toystore, features vendors, food, raffles, live music by Living Picture Show. Call 246-9988 or 265-9936.
• St. Benedict Society of Corpus Christi Catholic Church eighth annual Ice Cream Social, 1-4:30 p.m. at the church, 5335 Snyder Ave. Features food, ice cream, games, prizes and raffle for all ages, and bingo for adults 21 and older. Tickets sold at the door; call 882-1967.
• Crown Point Mill tour, 9:30 a.m. starting at Fourth Ward School in Virginia City. A benefit for Keck Museum and Historic Fourth Ward School Museum. Tickets $20 adults; $15 children. Reservations advised; space limited. Call 847-0975.