August 9, 2005
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. in C Hill neighborhood. Meet at Ormsby Street dead end off King Street. Call 885-2166.
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Firehouse, 1450 Stephanie Way, Minden. Painters of all levels welcome. Call 265-1937 or 883-7917.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Potter’s House Christian Fellowship Revival, 7:30 p.m. through Thursday at the church, 264 W. Winnie Lane. Public welcome; prayer for the sick, nursery provided. Call 721-5584.
Recommended Stories For You
• Alzheimer’s Association sponsors education meeting for family caregivers from 2-3 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center. Attorney Henry Cavallera will speak on legal and financial issues, long-term care planning and Medicaid planning. Call (800) 272-3900 or Betty Miller, 782-7935.
• Carson City Young Democrats meet at 7:30 p.m. at Java Joe’s. Open to all registered Democrats age 35-younger. Call 544-7523.
• Jerry Seinfeld on stage at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets $74.25 and $96.25. Call 789-2285.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts. Call 246-5296.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Hawaiian Luau theme features live music, food and more. Call 884-4411.
• Disney Celebration at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 7 p.m. with a presentation by Disney Historian Michael Broggie, 2180 S. Carson St. Call 687-6953.
• Howl at the Moon, 8:30 p.m. at Galena Creek Park Campfire, 18350 Mount Rose Highway. Call 849-2511.
• Wicker Box performs from 5-9 p.m. at Bar Bar Bar, Village Shopping Center, 760 Mayes Blvd., Incline Village. Call 882-8706.
• “The Town Without Syntax,” an original production by Nick Josten, 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Free admission; limited seating. Call 883-1976.
• “Taming of the Shrew,” performed at 8 p.m. Friday-Sunday at the Gold Hill Gazebo by Gold Hill Theater Troupe. General seating $24, reserved $33. Includes pre-play entertainment at 6. Call 847-0111.
• Carson High School Soccer Booster Club second annual Golf Tournament, 8 a.m. shotgun start; 4-person scramble at Eagle Valley East Golf Course. Cost $85 per player includes 18 holes w/cart, gift bag, raffle prizes and chicken barbecue. RSVP to 883-8412.
• End of Summer Reading Book Sale, 9-10 a.m. Carson City Library members only, open to the public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., 900 N. Roop St., in the auditorium. Call 887-2244.
• Good Neighbor Back to School Fair, 9 a.m. to noon at Mills Park. Offers free school supplies, clothes, immunizations w/shot record, and social services information. Call Rev. Alan Dorway at 882-1032.
• Carson City Raceway at Fuji Park features AMA Pro Speedway, youth and peewee speedway, pro and youth quads, plus “Speedway Sidecar Spectacular No. 2” and Kiddy Kash Dash. Pits open at 5, main gate at 6, racing at 7 p.m. Call 882-2460.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features several classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit