August 10, 2005
• Silver City Youth Water Science and Snails with UNR Cooperative Extension’s Darci Beaton, 10 a.m. at Silver City Park. Call 847-0742.
• Carson City Senior Citizens Center Alzheimer’s Support Group informational meeting, 1-2 p.m. on long-term care planning and Medicaid, at the senior center, 911 Beverly Drive. Guest speaker is Patricia Winnie, ESQ. Call for respite care; 883-0703.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. at Mexican Ditch/Riverview neighborhood. Meet at pet cemetery near Animal Services on Butti Way. Call 885-2166.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
Recommended Stories For You
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• Aug. 18-20 – “The Town Without Syntax,” an original production by Nick Josten, 7:30 p.m. each day at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Free admission; limited seating. Call 883-1976.
• Aug. 19-21 Ð “The Taming of the Shrew,” performed at 8 p.m. at the Gold Hill Gazebo by Gold Hill Theater Troupe. General seating $24, reserved $33. Includes pre-play entertainment at 6. Call 847-0111.
• Kids’ Karnival from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Children’s Museum. Games, food prizes, Smokey the Bear, Bobby the Boat and Bob the Builder and a dunk tank. Call 884-2227.
• Carson City Raiders Booster Club fund-raiser car wash from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Mulligan’s, 2300 Highway 50 East. Donation of $5 (or more) will benefit the club’s “adopt a senior for Christmas” program. Call 246-5985.
• Custom Gardens organic farm Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 3701 Elm St., Silver Springs. Senior coupons accepted. Call 577-2069.
• 10th annual Tahoe Trails and Tails, a 2-mile walk, 5K run and 10K mountain run and 1Ú2-mile run for kids 10-younger. Meet at 8:30 a.m. at Spooner Lake State park, Highway 28. All dogs must be on a leash. Call (775) 463-PETS or (775) 463-2618.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy