August 13, 2005
• Silver City Youth Water Science and Snails with UNR Cooperative Extension’s Darci Beaton, 10 a.m. at Silver City Park. Call 847Ð0742.
• “Nuclear West” exhibit opens at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MondayÐFriday through Sept. 30. Call 687Ð6680.
• Jazz Greats of Northern Nevada display at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Features photos by Carson City jazz enthusiast Pat Glancy through Aug. 31. Call 887Ð2244.
• Carson City Republican Women meet at 11:30 a.m. for a luncheon meeting at the Carson Nugget. Guest speaker is Ed Epperson from CarsonÐTahoe Hospital. Luncheon cost $17 per person by Aug. 14. Call 841Ð3553.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Cowboy Poetry and Music with John Tyson at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5Ð7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847Ð0111.
Recommended Stories For You
• Lyon County Democratic Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Silver Springs Senior Center. Call 577Ð2505.
• Terry Gerard Band performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Atomica performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival at Sand Harbor. Performances of “Macbeth” and “A Comedy of Errors” and children’s theater through Sunday. For information visit online at tahoebard.com or call (800) 74-shows or 832-1616. Tickets $27 and up.
• Carson City Senior Citizens Center Alzheimer’s Support Group informational meeting, 1Ð2 p.m. on long-term care planning and Medicaid, at the senior center, 911 Beverly Drive. Guest speaker is Patricia Winnie, ESQ. Call for respite care; 883Ð0703.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30Ð7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746Ð5024.
• Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce “Business After Hours Mixer,” 5Ð7 p.m. at Molly’s Gourmet Catering and Cooking School, 220 W. John St. Call 882Ð1565.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. at Mexican Ditch/Riverview neighborhood. Meet at pet cemetery near Animal Services on Butti Way. Call 885Ð2166.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• Builders Association of Western Nevada will hold a water pollution control seminar from 6Ð8 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St. Call 882Ð4353.
• Carson City Democratic Men’s Club meet at 7 p.m. at Round Table Pizza in Eagle Station. Call Steve Platt at 544Ð7523.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• Toby Keith in concert at Harveys Lake Tahoe Outdoor Concert Arena, with Lee Ann Womack and Shooter Jennings. Tickets $77Ð$110, tax included. Visit http://www.ticketmaster.com.
• Jack Johnson, Matt Costa and ALO perform at 7 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Outdoor Amphitheater. Tickets $36.75 general admission. Call 789Ð2285.
• “The Town Without Syntax,” an original production by Nick Josten, 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Free admission; limited seating. Call 883Ð1976.