August 16, 2005
• Terry Gerard Band performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge. Call 882Ð1626.
• Atomica performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782Ð9711.
• Carson City Senior Citizens Center Alzheimer’s Support Group informational meeting, 1Ð2 p.m. on long-term care planning and Medicaid, at the senior center, 911 Beverly Drive. Guest speaker is attorney Patricia Winnie. Call for respite care; 883Ð0703.
• Farmers Market, 3:30Ð7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746Ð5024.
• Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce “Business After Hours Mixer,” 5Ð7 p.m. at Molly’s Gourmet Catering and Cooking School, 220 W. John St. Call 882Ð1565.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. at Mexican Ditch/Riverview neighborhood. Meet at pet cemetery near Animal Services on Butti Way. Call 885Ð2166.
Recommended Stories For You
• Jazz Greats of Northern Nevada discussion at 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Free, moderated event by Scott Faulkner and Danna Higley. Call 883-4154.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• Carson-Tahoe Hospital hosts a community meeting about a proposed helipad on the Carson Tahoe Dayton Hospital.at 7 p.m. in the Dayton Professional Building Conference Room, 2450 Highway 50 East. Care Flight will be landing at 7:15 p.m. Call 885-4596.
• Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival at Sand Harbor. Performances of “Macbeth” and “A Comedy of Errors” and children’s theater through Sunday. For information, go to tahoebard.com or call (800) 74-shows or 832-1616.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100
• Builders Association of Western Nevada will hold a water pollution control seminar from 6Ð8 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St. Call 882Ð4353.
• Carson City Democratic Men’s Club meet at 7 p.m. at Round Table Pizza in Eagle Station. Call Steve Platt at 544Ð7523.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• Toby Keith in concert at Harveys Lake Tahoe Outdoor Concert Arena, with Lee Ann Womack and Shooter Jennings. Tickets $77Ð$110, tax included. Visit http://www.ticketmaster.com.
• “The Town Without Syntax,” an original production by Nick Josten, 7:30 p.m. through Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Free admission; limited seating. Call 883Ð1976.
• Douglas County Commission meets at 1:30 p.m. in the County Administration Building, 175 Highway 50 East in Stateline. Call 782-3012.
• Meet the Artist at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way from 5-7 p.m. Featured artist is Nancy Clarke. Call 882-2111.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. features dancing music by Captain Deva from California, food and more. Call 884Ð4411.
• Broken Salvation and Darkwaters perform at 7 p.m. at Java Joe’s, 319 N. Carson St. Cover $5 all ages; call 883-4004.
• “The Taming of the Shrew,” performed at 8 p.m. at the Gold Hill Gazebo by Gold Hill Theater Troupe through Sunday. General seating $24, reserved $33. Includes preÐplay entertainment at 6. Information, call 847Ð0111.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’