• Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100
• Builders Association of Western Nevada will hold a water pollution control seminar from 6Ð8 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St. Call 882Ð4353.
• Carson City Democratic Men’s Club meet at 7 p.m. at Round Table Pizza in Eagle Station. Call Steve Platt at 544Ð7523.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• “The Town Without Syntax,” an original production by Nick Josten, 7:30 p.m. through Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Free admission; limited seating. Call 883Ð1976.
• Douglas County Commission meets at 1:30 p.m. in the County Administration Building, 175 Highway 50 East in Stateline. Call 782-3012.
• Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival at Sand Harbor. Performances of “Macbeth” and “A Comedy of Errors” and children’s theater through Sunday. For information, go to tahoebard.com or call (800) 74-shows or 832-1616. Tickets $27 and up.
• Meet the Artist at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way from 5-7 p.m. Featured artist is Nancy Clarke. Call 882-2111.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. features dancing music by Captain Deva from California, food and more. Call 884Ð4411.
• Broken Salvation and Darkwaters perform at 7 p.m. at Java Joe’s, 319 N. Carson St. Cover $5 all ages; call 883-4004.
• “The Taming of the Shrew,” performed at 8 p.m. at the Gold Hill Gazebo by Gold Hill Theater Troupe through Sunday. General seating $24, reserved $33. Includes preÐplay entertainment at 6. Call 847Ð0111.
• Valley Cruisers Main Street Event. Friday, Esmeralda Avenue in Minden – hang out and check in, barbecue dinner at the CVIC Hall, Street Dance and Music, 5Ð10 p.m. Saturday, Lampe Park, Gardnerville- show and shine, pancake breakfast, music, judging, raffle, 7 a.m.Ð4 p.m. Sunday, Lampe Park, Gardnerville – breakfast, poker run, show and shine continues 8 a.m.Ðnoon. Call Bill Thomas, 267Ð1511.
• Carson City Raiders Booster Club fundÐraiser car wash from 9 a.m.Ð1 p.m. at Mulligan’s, 2300 Highway 50 East. Donation of $5 (or more) will benefit the club’s “adopt a senior for Christmas” program. Call 246Ð5985.
• Kids Karnival at the Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 813 N. Carson St. Features games, prizes, Smokey Bear, Bobby the Boat and McGruff the Dog. Food and refreshments; call 884Ð4669.
• Carson City Democratic Women’s Club meets at 11:30 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s Restaurant, 2811 S. Carson St. Call 841Ð6355 or 885Ð9917.
• Mad Hatter Tea Party for all former and current Girl Scouts, 3-5 p.m. at the Governor’s Mansion, 606 Mountain St. Call Sherry Kuehl at 225-0543 or 322-0642, ext. 232.
• Carson High School Football Boosters 11th annual KickÐoff Dinner/Dance, 5 p.m. at Adele’s Restaurant (parking lot), corner of West John and Carson streets. Tickets $25 and includes dinner, live music, raffle prizes and silent auction. Also, induction of former CHS football players and coaches. Call 883Ð8627 or 882Ð6258.
• Carson City Raceway at Fuji Park features AMA Pro Speedway, youth speedway, pee wee speedway, bicycle races, econobox drags and Carson City Warren Engine Company “Firefighter Night Ð Fill the Boot” fundÐraiser. Pits open at 5, main gate at 6, racing at 7 p.m. Call 882Ð2460.