August 24, 2005
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• “Nuclear West” exhibit opens at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays through Sept. 30. Call 687Ð6680.
• Madison Avenue performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge, 9 p.m. Call 882Ð1626.
• Retroactive performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden, 9 p.m. Call 782Ð9711.
• 2005 Nevada State Fair at the Reno-Livestock Events Center, Reno. Features carnival, livestock/4-H competitions, destruction derby, free concerts, hands-on demonstrations, Legends series dirt track racing, creative living, games and more. Adults $14; children ages 4-10 $5; 3-younger free. Call 688-5767.
Recommended Stories For You
• Organizing meeting for Muscle Powered’s V&T subcommittee at 5 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Subcommittee is forming to begin building support for a multi-use path along the V&T Railway right of way between Carson City and Virginia City. Call 841-6810.
• Behind the Scenes tours at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in anthropology featuring Great Basin basketry, archaeology of the Carson City Mint and original coin dies, and natural history at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Admission $5 adults, $3 seniors, 17Ðyounger, free. Call 687Ð4810, ext. 237.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Rock Night theme features live music by Bad Intent, food and more. Call 884Ð4411.
• Jana Jae, “the first lady of country fiddle,” performs a free concert at 7 p.m. at Wal-Mart, 3770 Highway 395, Indian Hills. Call 267-2159.
• Sierra Lyric Opera Studio presents “Don Giovanni” at 7:30 p.m. at Western Nevada Community College’s Marlette Hall, 2201 W. College Parkway. Tickets $12; call 445-4249.
• Demonstration of Coin Press No. 1 at the Nevada State Museum, 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1Ð3:30 p.m. with volunteers Ken and Karen Hopple Friday through Sunday. Call Bob Nylen at 687Ð4810, ext. 239.
• Spaghetti Feed fund-raiser, 5-8 p.m. at CVIC Hall, Minden, for Melissa Aalgaard who was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident. Menu includes spaghetti dinner, breadsticks, soda or water, coffee and dessert; donation $8 per person. Also raffle, silent auction and concert in the park. Call Rachel Christ
• Carson City Mint Annual Coin Show, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Features nearly 40 dealers, free appraisals, gold panning, kids’ activities, food concessions and entertainment, raffle prizes and more. Call 687Ð4810, ext. 237.
• Ride the Rails at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Call 687Ð6953.
• Free seminar on gourd crafting, 9 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882Ð8600.
• Scrapbook Discovery Day at Michael’s Arts and Crafts, 911 Topsy Lane, Suite 211. Free projects and demonstrations. Call 267-1938.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features Allstar Race Truck Series and several other classes of racing. Call 888Ð9777.
• Nevada Shakespeare Company presents “A Single Woman,” 7 p.m. a benefit for the Department of Peace Campaign, at United Religious Science Church, 675 Fairview Drive, Suite 218. Suggested donation $20; call Amy Smith at 230-5021.
• The Genoa Bar hosts a “porch party,” 7-10 p.m. at 2282 Main St., Genoa. Features live music of funk, rock and blues by Raw Nature. Call 782-3870.